Monday 6 October 2014

Glossybox September 2014 - Karen Millen Edition








Products:

1.  More Brows Fibre Gel by Models Inc

Review: As I have grown older, my eyebrow game certainly has got stronger. From a teenager over plucking my brows to using a pencil and doing the whole 'scouse brow' look (not a good look I may add) to learning to use the right tools and actually make my brows a much loved part of my face! A few years ago I wouldn't have been excited if I had found a brow product in my Glossybox but I was really pleased when I received this brow gel. I usually use the Maybelline one but I really do not get along with it. I find the brush awfully difficult to use and give up pretty quick trying to over coat my brows after afine dust of brown eyeshadow to shape. This brow gel is my saviour. My eyebrows do not move once I apply this bad boy. It may be a little light for me personally but I can make it work. Definitely going to repurchase this once it runs dry. (£14.95 for the full size of 3.5ml)

2. L'Oreal Professional Mythic Oil

Review: Any product that's oil based it quite risky for me as I get greasy hair easily  but I'm usually ok if I just stick to applying on the ends, and I must say I have actually been really impressed with this. As I said I apply it to the ends of my hair before I dry it after washing. It dries so beautiful and glossy and the funny thing is when I curl my hair afterwards I notice the curl tends to stay rather than drop when using this product which is a bonus! (£15.95 for the full size of 125ml)

3. SkinPep Enzyme and Acid Peel and Peeling Gel

Review: I must say that when I read 'acid peel' I was genuinely terrified and did not look forward to trying this one out. I have very sensitive skin and I can break out pretty easily so I'm careful when it comes to putting things on my face. I did end up trying it out but I didn't actually notice any difference which was disappointing, which I suppose is good in some ways, could have come out in red spots! I think for the price (£89.99 for the full size at 180ml) is absolutely ridiculous! I'd want a new face for that!

4. Nails Inc Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat

Review: I am really into the whole matte nails trend at the moment so was super excited to try this after buying loads of the Barry M Matte varnishes and being very disappointed. Unfortunately the disappointment didn't end with Barry M. I found the coat dried really quickly which I think is amazing as I literally can't sit still when I have wet nails and end up having an itch or something and smudging it everywhere, but the colour just looked really.....crap. It actually made me miss high shine nails and shiney topcoats if I'm honest. For the price (£12 for the full size) I wouldn't even bother. I went to bed with freshly painted dry nails and woke up and it was chipped and horrible. No idea what I do in my sleep but I'm sure it can't have been that bad.

5. Nivea 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water

Review: I recently started using the Garnier Micellar Water around April and absolutely fell in love with using this rather than using a make up wipe and never feeling like it was enough to remove all my make up, so when I received this in my Glossybox I was quite happy, as I was running low on my other. I have to say, that I much prefer this Nivea one. My skin felt like satin, it was so so so soft. I will never go back to make up wipes and as my skin is super sensitive especially around this time of year, I think it really makes a difference to the way my make up applies the next day. It is a bargain at £4.07 for the full size of 200ml so I have no excuse of not repurchasing!


Have you tried Glossybox or any other type of beauty boxes?



No comments:

Post a Comment