Wednesday 6 August 2014

Palette Review - Make Up Revolution

It's been a while.. Hi!

Sorry for the 3 month space in between this post and the last, I went through a tough break up and have been keeping myself occupied and busy! Not to mention the massive increase in my make up collection (what can I say, make up is my remedy....haha), and during my little 'make myself feel better by purchasing make up I don't need' sessions, I came across a brand I had never really heard of before named Make Up Revolution.

Not knowing much about them I didn't really think too much about it until I started hearing more about them on Twitter or from bloggers. Let's face it, I'm renting a house on my own at the moment so I don't exactly have much dispensable income so when I heard that they were selling make up around the same price as MUA, I thought it was worth a try!
Eyeshadow palette in 'What you waiting what you waiting what you waiting for?' and Blush/Contour palette, both £6

I wasn't really blown away by most of the products, a lot were extremely similar to those by MUA but when I saw the palettes I knew I wouldn't let myself leave the website until I bought one. The packaging was too beautiful not to. I ended up with two (restrained myself from buying another two but who's counting?) and at £6 each my bank balance didn't exactly pass out from shock, which is always welcome in my book.





 The eyeshadow palette has some beautiful colours. All are subtle and suitable for everyday. I wouldn't say they are extremely pigmented, maybe with a few layers they are slightly more buildable, but nevertheless at £6 I wasn't expecting too much.

Colours from L-R: We Love You, Tick Tock, Can't Find The Brake, Moving Car, Do It Alone, Sex Chromosome, Now It's Only Me, Scary Conversation, Take A Chance, Shut My Eyes, Stupid H.., Life Is Short

I have slightly oily skin on my eyes with dry parts towards the corners so eyeshadows are always a bit hit and miss and don't tend to last too long on my lids. These fall into that bracket, although after 10 hours of wear today I can say that it is still slightly visible (that is with primer too).
Blush & Contour palette in Sugar and Spice

The blushes are beautiful, but the contour colours are not what I would personally use as a contour shade but they still make nice colours to use on the cheek bones. They are all extremely pigmented and are really beautiful on my skin when blended properly. I personally love the two shades on the right of the palette with the shimmer in which makes for a lovely highlight on top of the cheekbones as it has little hints of pink imbedded into it.
The blush shades don't actually have any names for me to note down, but these are the swatches on my skin! Some of them are pretty daring, but with a bit of blending should be natural and really easy to wear.

Overall would I buy from Make Up Revolution again? Yes I would. The prices are so reasonable and compared to MUA I think Make Up Revolution looks slightly more expensive and the palettes are definitely better quality in my view.

I've heard good things about the eyeshadow pigments and eye foils so I will be trying those next! Have you tried anything from Make Up Revolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment